One of the current party trends that I LOVE is having a party and setting out a bunch of ingredients for guests to make their own creation. You might have seen a smore bar, or a hot chocolate bar, or even a mini pizza bar at a party.
This idea of letting the guests create their own creation really works well at Shelf Reliance parties. This is a great way to showcase a bunch of freeze dried foods. My favorite is to have a yogurt bar.
How does it work?
- Set out some store bought yogurt . I don’t use the freeze dried yogurt because I think it has a weird texture when reconstituted.
- Set out some pretty bowls filled with freeze dried fruit, granola, and some crushed cookies.
- Set out fancy clear cups for the guests to use to create their parfait.
- Let the guests fix their own yogurt parfait.
Tips for success:
- You can set out the freeze dried fruit dry OR you can rehydrate some of them. I usually just set it all out dry. I like it when the fruit is crunchy.
- Choose fruit that are different colors.
- Choose your yogurt carefully. I love love love this Greek Gods Vanilla Honey yogurt.
- After the guests assemble the parfaits if they wait a few minutes to eat them the fruit will rehydrate in the yogurt. YUM!
|After. See how the blueberries have rehydrated? Super Yummy.|