Tried and Tested Party Food Ideas
To print this
To print this
· Raspberry Chocolate Chip Pancakes, From Cyndi Tree
· Breakfast Burritos—scrambled egg mix, sausage, in a tiny tortilla top with THRIVE Salsa
· Blueberry Pancakes: 10 grain pancake mix plus rehydreated blueberries. Serve with butter and syrup.
i. Raspberry chocolate chip Muffins from Eden Allison
ii. Muffin Mix from Autumn Christiansen
iii. Blueberry Muffin Mix
iv. Corn Muffins from Misty at Your Own Home Store
4. Main Dishes
· Chicken Pot Pie—make in advance and take to the party. Veggies chicken and white sauce top with biscuits.
· Pizza: from Shelley Jordan use tomato powder to make the sauce make homemade crust or purchase pre made to save time. One of my favorites is Pizza featuring tomato powder, FD mozzarella, sausage crumbles, green bell peppers. I'd like to try a ham and pineapple one sometime and maybe a BBQ chicken with FD tomato dices. It works well for larger parties as you can slice it into smaller squares. Or you can make cute individual ones in muffin tins.
· Fajitas—FD beef or chicken slices, red peppers, green pepper and fajita seasoning. Rehydrate in front of the group and then fry on an electric skillet. (Have the host help), serve on tiny tortillas, top with reconstituted FD cheese.
5. Desserts—Beyond Brownies
· Smoores—use the heat cell and be sure to top off with FD fruit.
· Chocolate Chip Macaroons (or dip them in chocolate) http://www.cookingwithmyfoodstorage.com/2012/03/chocolate-chip-macaroons_20.html
· Fruit Pizza –from Ilene Knipe/Kim Norton (this is a complex recipe, it is delicious but time and prep intensive) At the beginning of the party I would put all the dry fruits on a plate with a paper towel underneath and spritz them with a squirt bottle in front of the guests to show them how easy it was to reconstitute them (you need to spritz them a lot, and turn them over a few times to cover all sides). Then I let them sit through the party and put them on the pizza at the end. That was back in the mandarin orange days. You have to rally break up the pineapple too because it doesn't reconstitute well with a spritz. People loved it, but it does take quite a bit of work and a lot of time. I quit doing it for that reason. I used Kim Norton's recipe from our first convention. Don’t make in advance and take to the party the colors all run together.